Dr Nicholas Wilsmore is a Respiratory & Sleep Physician with expertise in Interventional Pulmonology
- MBBS (hons) Monash Medical School 2000
- FRACP in Respiratory & Sleep Medicine 2009
- Basic training at Alfred Hospital
- Advanced training at the Alfred & Austin Hospitals
- Overseas fellowships in Interventional Pulmonology 2010
- Hôpital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille France under Dr Hervé Dutau
- Glenfeilds Hospital, Leicester UK under Dr Johnathan Bennett
- Australian Medical Association (AMA) impairment assessment training courses in Respiratory Medicine and appointed member of Medical Panels Victoria.
Dr. Wilsmore is the current Medical Lead for Bronchoscopy and Interventional Pulmonology at Eastern Health in Melbourne. He is responsible for the development and integration of new innovative technologies into the Respiratory service, thereby aiding patients to access the latest in minimally invasive respiratory interventions. This coincides with his research interests in pleural diseases and minimally invasive methods of staging/diagnosing lung cancer. He is also actively involved in physician education and mentorship, along with acting as a local examiner for the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
Nick also carries out private general medicine and respiratory admissions at Epworth Eastern Hospital. He undertakes in-room performance of Chest and Neck Ultrasound and has access to Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS), Bronchoscopic Lung Volume Reduction (BLVR) for advanced COPD, Medical Thoracoscopy, and Tunnelled Pleural Catheter insertions for management of refactory pleural effusions.
Dr. Wilsmore is available for provision of Medico-Legal Opinions and impairment assessments. He has previously supplied reports for various legal practices, and has also provided expert opinions for AHPRA and TMLEP.
What is Interventional Pulmonology?
Interventional pulmonology is a sub-speciality of respiratory medicine, which embraces the latest technologies, to enable faster, more accurate and timelier results for patients, in the least invasive manner possible.
Why is this important?
- Use of technologies such as EBUS, allows faster & more accurate diagnosis
- Day procedures, not surgery.
- Least invasive methods, for equivalent results
Why see Dr Wilsmore?
- Dr Wilsmore is the only Respiratory physician that does in room Neck Ultrasound in Melbourne
- Fast admissions with highest level of care
- New therapeutic procedures not offered by traditional specialists, such as BLVR, as seen on 9news.
- Ability to perform Lung Function tests in the clinic prior to your appointment for immediate results
Find out more about Dr Wilsmore and his procedures on his Media Page.